Transparent and only 2-3 μm thick (about 30 times thinner than a human hair), Silver Ice® coatings are almost invisible and do not impair the visual appearance of stainless steel surfaces. Silver Ice® X, the innovative coating based on solgel nanotechnology, perfectly balances ductility and surface hardness. Moreover, the varnish film dramatically extends the corrosion resistance of ferritic stainless steel grades. Silver Ice® UV is cured via an extremely environment-friendly process based on ultra-violet light. This coating features an exceptional resistance to scratches, abrasions and stains; its sensitivity to heat-induced yellowing is very low.
Both products are ideal for applications which require the high-value aesthetics of stainless steel to be protected against fingerprints, stains and chemical and mechanical damage:
- Household appliances • Kitchen implements
- Furniture • Panels • Lifts • Escalators
Moreover, Silver Ice® products are:
- 100% recyclable;
- compliant with RoHS, RoHS2 and WEEE;
- suitable for occasional contact with food;
- conforming to Council Directive 85/572/EEC and Commission Directive 97/48/EU;
- certified according to EN 10204 / 3.1.